1 Stadium Place, Singapore 397628
Kallang Wave Mall Singapore
Are you in for an awesome shopping experience? If you are, indulge your senses with Kallang Mall’s exciting retail, leisure and dining outlets that you can choose from.
It is a one-stop destination where people can shop, dine and play, providing lively and engaging lifestyle experiences for all.
Here are fun facts that you should know:
- It is a 41,000 square meters mall.
- It is located at 1 Stadium Place, Singapore 397628.
- It is under the management of Singapore Sports Hub.
- Opened on June 27, 2014.
- It is part of the Singapore Sports Hub.
- It is integrated into the National Stadium.
- Kallang Wave was taken from a wave cheer like the Mexican Wave, commonly seen in the former National Stadium that is being replaced now by the Singapore Sports Hub.
- Stadium MRT station is located at the doorstep of Kallang Wave Mall, along the Circle MRT Line (CCL).
Places of Interest
The following schools that can be found within Kallang are Dunman High School, Bendemeer Primary School, Bendemeer Secondary School, Hong Wen School, Farrer Park Primary School, Umar Pulavar Tamil Language Centre and NorthLight School.
The hospitals that can be found within Kallang are Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital and KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital. In 2020, there will be an upcoming 10-storey clinic facility which was announced by MOH of Ministry of Health. The polyclinic is integrated with the chronic sick unit, making it the first kind of healthcare building in Singapore.
- COMMUNITY SPACES
The CC “community centre” is managed by the People’s Association (PA) located in Kallang, along King George’s Avenue. CC’s located in Kallang include Jalan Besar Community Club, Geylang West Community Club, Kampong Glam Community Club, Kallang Community Club, Kolam Ayer Community Club, Katong Community Centre, and Pek Kio Community Centre. Each CC would serve around 15,000 househoulds.
Parklands, Security, Fire Department, Postal Service
A riverine park called Kallang Riverside Park is location at the mouths of Rochor River and Kallang River which are managed by the National Parks Board or NParks.
The Marina Promenade located on Kallang Basin and Marina Channel western banks links the Marina Centre in the south with the Kallang Riverside Park in the north.
The Kallang Part Connector is part of the PCN or Park Connector Network which is managed by NParks. It was constructed in 1995, the first park connector of its kind that forms part of the Central Urban Loop. These park are continues loops which will later connect all of the major parks in Singapore.
A coastal park called East Coast Park straddles Singapore’s southeastern coast that extends from Marine Parade to Tampines. It also serves some communities near it like Kallang. It can be reached through Fort Road from Kallang.
Kampong Java Park is located within the Kampong Java subzone, at the Bukit Timah Road and Cavenagh Road junction. It is also maintained by NParks and it features a large pond as the centerpiece. However, in August 2018, Kampong Java Park was permanently closed to facilitate the North–South Corridor (NSC) construction.
The Kallang police divisions of the Singapore Police Force (SPF) is split into three to maintain security: Tanglin Police Division, Central Police Division, and Bedok Police Division. Establishments within Kallang include Kallang Neighbourhood Police Post, Cairnhill Neighbourhood Police Post, Kampong Java Neighbourhood Police Centre, Kampong Glam Neighbourhood Police Post, and Kolam Ayer Neighbourhood Police Post.
The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) headquarters can be found in Kallang Road, just next to the Lavender MRT station.
SCDF or Singapore Civil Defence Force have 2 fire posts operating in Kallang: Mountbatten Fire Post and Boon Keng Fire Post.
In June 2001, the Mountbatten Fire Post was opened and it became Singapore’s first fire post. The Kallang Fire Station located along Guillemard Close was completed in 2019. It is built to enhance the key areas in Kallang particularly the Singapor Sports Hub, the waterfront part surrounding Marina Bay and also along the Kallang River.
There was the Serangoon Fire Station built in 1952 but has already ceased its operations since 2001.
The Singpost or Singapore Post is managing three post offices that are located in Kallang: Crawford Post Office, City Square Post Office, and Towner Post Office. And the Kallang Delivery Base of Singpost can be found along Jalan Lembah Kallang.
Due to Kallang’s prime location that can just be found outside the Central Area, the land use policy and urban planning strategy differ from established towns that are mainly for residential use like the Choa Chu Kang and Pasir Ris. The housing precincts are like “scattered” and “discontinuous” in Kallang compared some towns that are “concentrated” or and “clustered” residential areas.
In Kallang, the lands that are set for residential purpose may also be punctuated with industrial or lifestyle areas, commercial, resulting in a disjointed town layout.
The HBD or Housing Development Board defined Kallang as the main constituent unit of the Whampoa New Town/Kallang. It is the one and only HDB town that extends across Kallang and Novena. Before, HDB classified Kallang as an “estate” but has been later recognized and promoted as “new town”.
The most fourth most expensive new town of HDB particularly in rental prices is Kallang/Whampoa. The national rental average price is S$2120 but the median 4-room HDB unit is S$2500 in Kallang/Whampoa.
At the mouth of Kallang River, a car-free residential area will be showed in the subzone of Kampong Bugis. These new blocks of waterfront community will become part of a fenceless pedestrian-friendly location that was announced by the Singapore government in 2013. In 2030, there will be around 4,000 newly built housing units. The former Kallang Gasworks’ soil treatment work site stared last November 2018 and will be ready to conclude in July 2022.
The following HDB precincts that can be found in Kallang are Bendemeer Court, Beach Road Gardens, Bendemeer Ville, Bendemeer Light, City View @ Boon Keng, Boon Keng Ville, Di Tanjong Rhu, Crawford Court, Farrer Park Gardens, Dorset View, Geylang Bahru Ville, Geylang Bahru Riverpoint, Kallang Heights, Golden Beach Vista, Kallang Trivista, the currently under construction Kallang Residences, Lavender Gardens, Kent Ville, McNair Towers, McNair Spring, Saint George’s Towers, Saint George’s East Gardens, South River View, Saint George’s West Gardens, Towner Heights, Upper Boon Keng Riverview, and The River Vista @ Kallang.
“Kallang” name can be found in roads like Kallang Bahru, Kallang Sector, Kallang Sector, Kallang Pudding Road, etc. There are also flyovers that bear the name “Kallang”.
Examples of major roads that are connecting Kallang with all other places in Singapore are as follows:
- Balestier Road links Kallang through Novena.
- Serangoon Road links Little India to Kallang.
- Bukit Timah Road links Kallang through Tanglin, Bukit Timah as well as the other west part of Singapore.
- Jalan Besar links Kallang through Rochor.
- Victoria Street connects Kallang through the Central Area.
- Beach Road also connects Kallang through the Central Area.
- North Bridge Road also connects through the Central Area.
- Republic Boulevard links Kallang through Marina Centre.
- Geylang Road connects Geylang with Kallang
- Sims Avenue connects Kallang with Geylang.
- Dunman Road links Kallang and Katong.
- Meyer Road connects Kallang and Marine Parade.
Here are the expressway that pass through Kallang:
- ECP or East Coast Parkway connects Kallang with Marine Parade, Changi Airport, and Bedok.
- CTE or Central Expressway connects Kallang with the Bukit Merah, Central Area, Seletar ,and Ang Mo Kio.
- MCE or Marina Coastal Expressway connects Kallang with Marina South and the soon-to-be downtown extension located in Marina Bay.
- KPE or Kallang–Paya Lebar Expressway connects Kallang to Sengkang, Hougang, and Punggol.
- PIE or Pan Island Expressway connects Kallang to Tampines, Changi Airport, Bedok, Geylang, Clementi, Toa Payoh, Jurong East, Tuas, and Jurong West.
Public Transit are as follows:
- The rail transit in Kallang is known as MRT or Mass Rapid Transit and the following are currently in service: EW10 Kallang, EW11 Lavender, NE7 DT12 Little India, NE8 Farrer Park, NE9 Boon Keng, CC6 Stadium, CC7 Mountbatten, DT23 Bendemeer, DT24 Geylang Bahru. And upon completion in 2023, two upcoming stations on the Thomson–East Coast Line will also serve Kallang: TE23 Tanjong Rhu, and TE24 Katong Park.
- The only bus terminal that can be found in Kallang is Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal. There is no Integrated Transport Hub (ITH) or bus interchange in Kallang area.
10 Things To Do
Planning on going to Kallang? There are 10 awesome things that you can actually do! Here are the details and their location:
- Skate – Leisure Park Kallang, 5 Stadium Walk, 03-08/09
- Eat – You can find awesome restaurants especially in Kallang Wave Mall.
- Party – Kallang Wave Mall holds different events, so you better be updated!
- Compete – Various parts of the Sports Hub.
- Lawn Bowl – Above the Sports Museum, level 3.
- Learn – Singapore Sports Museum, 6 Stadium Walk.
- Climb – Kallang Wave Mall, B1-01, 1 Stadium Place
- Splash-N-Surf – Rooftop of Kallang Wave Mall.
- Canoe and kayak – Water Sports Centre, 8 Stadium Walk.
- Experience Sports Fitness and Free-To-Play sessions – Various parts of the Sports Hub
History of the Land
Kallang is a planning area (known as DGP areas or DGP zones) and a residential town situated in Singapore’s Central Region.
The town’s development is centered on the longest river in Singapore, Kallang River. The Kallang Planning Area is surrounded by Toa Payoh (north), Geylang (east), Marine Parade (southeast), Marina East (south), Downtown Core (southwest), Rochor and Newton (west), and Novena (northwest).
Kallang was home to some national landmarks and a few were built along the banks of Kallang Basin, which includes the old National Stadium and Singapore’s first purpose-built civil airport or the Kallang Airport.
Kallang possibly is best known because it is the location of Jalan Besar Stadium as well as the Singapore Sports Hub, which is now the home to the country’s new National Stadium and Singapore Indoor Stadium.
It is situated in the direction of the southeastern shore of Pulau Ujong.
It is occupying an area of 9.17 square kilometers. The Kallang Planning Area is 32nd in the 55 planning areas ranking in terms of total area.
In terms of population size, it is ranked 18th.
Kallang/Whampoa New Town has a 7.99 square kilometers area and ranked 9th among the other 55 planning areas in terms of the total area.
The Planning Area has nine “subzones”, officially established by URA or Urban Redevelopment Authority for the purpose of urban planning.
The following are the subzones and some notable places:
- Bendemeer – Boon Keng MRT station, Bendemeer Primary School, Bendemeer Secondary School, Northlight School, Bendemeer Shopping Mall, Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital, Saint Wilfred Field, etc.
- Geylang Bahru – Geylang Bahru MRT station, Ministry of Manpower (MOM) Services Centre, Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) office, etc.
- Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal, Kallang Riverside Park, conserved Kallang Airport complex, etc.
- Kampong Bugis – Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal, Kallang Riverside Park, etc.
- Tanjong Rhu – Stadium MRT station, Mountbatten MRT station (partial), Dunman High School, Singapore Swimming Club, Singapore Sports Hub (National Stadium, Singapore Indoor Stadium, Kallang Wave Mall), Sport Singapore headquarters, Kallang Theatre, Leisure Park Kallang, Kallang Track, Kallang Tennis Centre, Kallang Field, Kallang Ground, etc.
- Kallang Bahru – Bendemeer MRT station, Singapore Post (SingPost) Kallang Delivery Base, Aperia Mall, Victoria Wholesale Centre
- Crawford – Nicoll Highway MRT station, Kallang Riverside Park, Golden Mile Complex, Kampong Glam Community Club, etc.
- Lavender – Lavender MRT station, Farrer Park MRT station (partial), City Square Mall, Jalan Besar Stadium, Jalan Besar Swimming Complex, Football Association of Singapore, Jalan Besar Community Club, People’s Association (PA) headquarters, Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Building, etc.
- Boon Keng – Kallang MRT station, Geylang West Community Club
- Kampong Java – Little India MRT station (partial), Farrer Park MRT station (partial), Land Transport Authority (LTA) headquarters, Tanglin Police Division headquarters, etc.
Kallang is on the Kallang Formation consisting of soft marine clay, loose beach sand, loose alluvial muddy sand, coral, and soft peaty and organic mud.
Kallang’s terrain is normally flat and low. The elevation is not more than 15 meters above sea level.
The main waterway that ambles through Kallang is the Kallang River. Lower Peirce Reservoir previously knowns as the “Kallang River Reservoir” is the source of Kallang River, which was renamed in honor of Municipal Engineer Robert Peirce in 1922.
The river mouth is at the Kallang Basin just near the Merdeka Bridge. It flows more than 10 kilometers and the Kallang River is Singapore’s longest river.
A lot of bridges were built to cross over the canals and rivers because of the high concentration of Kallang’s waterways. Merdeka Bridge, Tanjong Rhu Footbridge (Singapore’s first suspension bridge), and the Benjamin Sheares Bridge (tallest and longest bridge of Singapore; the highest point of reach is 29 meters at Kallang Basin) are just one of the few famous bridges included in Kallang.
Frequently Asked Questions
What hotels/hostel near Kallang Wave Mall?
Hotels near the Kallang Wave Mall are as follows:
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road, Singapore (1.45 km)
- Five Stones Hostel (1.37 km)
- PARKROYAL on Beach Road (1.36 km)
- Hotel Boss (1.38 km)
- PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Singapore (1.43 km)
What other restaurants are there nearby?
Restaurants there are near Kallang Wave Mall:
- Kilo Kitchen (0.77 km)
- COCA Singapore – Leisure Park Kallang (0.42 km)
- G7 Sin Ma Live Seafood Restaurant (0.90 km)
- Folklore (0.94 km)
- Golden Mile Food Centre (0.95 km)
What other attractions are there nearby?
Attractions near Kallang Wave Mall:
- Kampong Glam (1.33 km)
- National Stadium (0.21 km)
- Malay Heritage Centre (1.41 km)
Kallang Wave Mall Directory
Kallang Wave Mall is a perfect choice to satisfy your appetite for great food and love for shopping. Anchor tenants include the first sports-themed hypermart in Singapore, fashion icons H&M and Cotton On, FairPrice Xtra, halal food court run by the Yu Kee Group, and so much more! You’ll find the name of brands and restaurants below and their corresponding store number location.
Fashion & Sports
Advance Lap – #01-36
Cotton On – #01-60 to 62
H&M – #01-01/74 to 78
Hoops Factory – #01-04 & 05
New Balance – #01-79
Outdoor Sports Travel – #01-52 & 53
Runner’s Edge – #01-63
Sport on Eyewear – #01-48
Sports Zone – #01-57
Uniqlo – #01-69 to 72
Weston Corp – #01-58
World of Sports_Mizuno – #01-73
Fairprice Xtra – #01-29
Brewerkz Restaurants and Microbreweries #01-06 & 07
Myra’s @ The Stadium – #01-04
Thai Village Restaurant – #01-02 & 03
Restaurant & Food Court
A-One Claypot House – #01-33 & 34
Aji-Ichi – #02-01
Al Capone – #01-15
Astons Specialties – #02-04
Ayam Penyet President – #01-23
Basil Thai Kitchen – #01-16
Café Papa – #02-16A
Encik Tan – #01-32
Hanssik – #02-16A
Issho Izakaya – #01-13
Ju Hao Xiao Long Bao – #01-21
My Kampung – #02-16
Old Street Bak Kut The. You Tiao. Soya Milk – #01-22
Old Town White Coffee – #01-18 & 19
Omoomo Food Concepts – #01-40
Poulet – #01-17
Rocking Rickshaw – #01-12
Suki-Ya and Eat at Taipei #01-35
Yu Kee Specialties – #02-12
Home, Lifestyle & Gifts
Daiso – #02-11
Gemini Furniture / Sin Lighting – #01-68
Beauty, Health & Wellness
Anytime Fitness – #02-08
Avone Beauty Secrets – #01-50
Guardian – #01-51
Kin Teck Tong – #02-06
Neue Fit – #02-07
Newport Dental – #01-08
Yunomori Onsen & Spa – #02-17 & 18
Education & Enrichment
Cookie & Monkey_Kids Play (Crèche) – #02-08A
Elm Tree – #01-38
International Management and Sports College – #01-09 &11
Kulture Studios – #02-05
Lorna Whiston Preschool – #01-24 to 28
Cheers – #01-03
KCuts – #02-14
OCBC Personal & Premier Banking Centre – #01-66 & 67
Climb Central – #B1-01
Cue Guru – #02-09 & 10
Jakarta Radiant World – #01-49
Jolly Fields By ZooMoov – #01-37
O-Ride Singapore Mini Segway Tours – #02-19
Paco Funworld – #01-02 & 59
The Petite Park – #01-06/07
Speciality & Confectionery
Candy Empire – #01-54
Chocolate Origin – #01-31
Levure Naturelle – #01-30
Cafe, Quick Bites & Chill Out
13 Stages – #01-41 & 42
Fun Toast – #01-39
GFI Superfruit Bowls & Shakes – #02-13
Good Cheer 2 – #01-14
Gourmet Pizza To Go – #01-43
Old Chang Kee – #01-20
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen – 02-02
Starbucks – #01-56
Subway – #01-55
Tea Tree Café – #01-47
Tea Tree Kakigori – #01-46
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf #01-44 & 45
Yunomori Onsen Café – #02-17 & 18